Why to Host files on Google Drive?
- Lots of Space: Google Drive provides you 5 GB storage to regular accounts so you can easily upload lots of documents. However, if your disk space is full, then you can upgrade your account from basic to premium.
- Create & collaborate: Google Drive provides you the flexibility to create and host different kinds of spreadsheets and presentations. Make some edits in the documents and see real-time changes as they appear.
- Reliable & Dependable: With 100% uptime, it provides you the freedom to host anything that you like. It has unlimited bandwidth, but you have to take care of your disk space it should not exceed 5GB mark or you can upgrade your account.
- Go back and revise: Google drive tracks almost all the change that you make to your document – so whenever you will save a document, a new revision also gets save. You can take a glance back and can make revision accordingly.
- Share or make files Private: You can share your files and folders with anyone. Select whether others can comment, share, view or edit your stuff. You can handle everything instantly from your dashboard.
- Security at its best: Google Drive has always proven to be the most reliable free hosting service with unlimited bandwidth. Moreover, to provide full proof security Google drive has utilized HTTPS encryption to keep your documents secure.
- All This For Free: All these impressive features for free.
Login to your Google Drive account > Click Create > Select Folder
Type a name for the folder and click Create button
Select the folder and then click the Share button
Click on Change.
Change the sharing settings from “Private” to “Public on the web” > Click Save > Click Done
Now click on the folder’s name to go into it
Click the Upload button > Select Files & Click on Open.
Select file > Upload & Share
The item will have the same sharing permissions as the selected folder…. Click Upload and share
Copy the string characters after #folders/
Open a new browser tab > paste that string (folder id) into the address bar after
https://googledrive.com/host/paste yellow highlighted part here
How to add an external CSS to a web page?
<link href='https://googledrive.com/host/file-id' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>